I have a dog here that needs to find a home. Her owners became substance abusers and gave her to us, unfortunately we already have 6 dogs and we can’t get another one.
Her name is Annabelle, she’s really sweet, and only seven pounds! She’s half long haired Chihuahua, half Miniature Australian Shepherd. She gets along well with other dogs, and children. No complaints so far that I have about her. She’s even potty and cage trained.
She’s free, we just need her to find a home A.S.A.P. We are even willing to ship her to you!
If you are interested, or have any questions, please inbox me!
Where should probably have included location. Surely I have some followers who this pertains to
Uromastyx likes her belly rubbed
this is a fucking lizard getting her belly rubbed if you don’t think that’s the cutest shit then get out of my blog
LOOK AT ITS LIL ARMS FLAPPING AWWWWWWWW
This animal is not happy! ): This is a panic/defence mechanism, this is probably really freaking the poor thing out. i’ve seen multiple reblogs of this post informing people of that, so I thought I’d let you know.
This is a Uromastyx, their defence mechanism is to INFLATE their bodies and move them as if they were “belly dancing” as they release air through their mouths letting a “haaaaaaaaaaaah” kind of sound until you leave them alone. If you don’t they’ll HIT you with their spiky tail.
This Uromastyx is exposing its belly on their own will, what it’s doing first is smell the hand to see if it’s someone they know. Since it is (remember the belly is the most vulnerable part of their body) and knows the person won’t harm them, it exposes the belly for the rubs.
And I talk from experience, I have an Uromastyx Acanthinura. It took me forever to get mine to trust me enough to allow me pet him and let me pick him up (and then teach him that my mum (he used to react aggressively towards her presence just by smelling her hand) that my mum was to be trusted).
TDLR; the Uromastyx in the gif trusts their owner and allows the owner to rub the belly, that isn’t how Uromastyx defend themselves
Lol that would be like top ten of the most ridiculous looking and ineffective defence mechanisms in the animal world. Right in front of armadillos jumping straight up in the air and in behind anteaters rearing up for “come at me bro” posturing, we have the uromastyx with the flappy arms of “dooooon’t”
Really uninspired, so I did a hand study from a reference (which I’ll put a link to, soon as I manage to track down the ref’s link, :/)
This is male violence. Naming the problem is important and overwhelmingly these acts are committed by males.
- Of victims of violence, 77% are male and 23% are female
- Of offenders of violence, 90% are male, 10% are female
- Once we hone in on intimate partner homicide, women make up 70% of those cases, making women twice as likely as men to be killed by their partner.
- 89% of cases where females are murdered it is by an intimate partner, family member, or friend. That number for men is 70% but the vast majority of those are by friends or acquaintance.
- Only 10% of women are killed by strangers, 29% of men were killed by strangers.
- Black women are much more likely to be victims of intimate partner violence than white women, they are about 4 times more likely to be murdered by an boyfriend or girlfriend and 2 times more likely to be murdered by a spouse than white women.
- Women living in homes with 1 or more guns were 3 times more likely to be killed in their home.
- Women killed by a spouse, significant other, friend or close relative were 7 times more likely to live in homes with 1 or more guns.
haha they don’t really do anything all that interesting, but sure, just for you I’ll take some pictures of them later. Have you checked out the fish tag in my blog? there are a bunch of posts on them..
“Yes, being in a female dominated field, I do know what it means to be marginalized. “
oh my fucking god
The really ugly part is they’ve actually done multiple sociological studies on this, and guess what the result is? Men in female-dominated fields aren’t marginalized at all; they get special treatment and are fast-tracked to the top, getting more credit for their work, faster promotions, and greater pay and benefits than their female colleagues.
You hear that? That is the sound of my heart breaking.
Hi I am a 19 trans girl needing a warm place to crash i can help with food with my food stamps and i hope that, that can be a method for paying for rent. I have been staying at a salvation army shelter in downtown and i have wanted to hurt my…
did this really need to be explained though?
a Japanese White-eye on the train :D
yes i am late for the bird meeting
ME WHILE COMMUTE
Nine Wonderful Words About Words from 25 things you had no idea there were words for
I DIDNT REALIZE I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE